How to pack for a 5 day Vacay!

Sometimes vacations take a lot of planning, other times, your friend mentions she’s leaving town, so you should stay at her place in Venice Beach for an extended Labor Day weekend. The answer is YES! I’ll do that!

Since this wasn’t a planned or budgeted vacation I was not about to make this more complicated than needed, so checking bags??? Yeah, that’s a big fat NOPE! I was going to pack everything I needed in my one carry on for this impromptu vacation.

*There will be affiliate links throughout this post, so if you wish to do a little shopping to snag some goodies I might make a commission on your purchase, but there is absolutely no added cost to you!

VBO-1

Travel day outfit!- Nike, Vince, and Zella

A few tips I keep in mind for when I travel, is to stay in the same color palette. This way, you can create a handful of outfits, with just a few items.

Travel outfitNike shoes,Vince Tank, Vince Tee, and Yoga Pants. Call me weird, but when traveling I cannot wear shorts. I have no clue the cleanliness of those plane seats.

We almost always go hiking, go to a nice dinner, and go to the beach, so what does this mean? I need to pack a lot of shoes. To do this I need to make room in the suit case! One side of the carry on for clothes, and the other for shoes! I fold my lighter clothes in the middle of my darker clothes so they don’t get dirty by anything!

Active wear- Adidas Sports bra,Purple Tank,Puma No-Show Socks (so comfy),Brooks Adrenaline GTS Shoes (Really helpful with my alignment and bad knees), Black yoga pants, and Long Sleeve.

Rompers and Jumpers will make packing light a breeze! Bringing a big tote for your Purse is also key to maximizing your packing power! (RomperSandalsToteAlta Fitbit) I like the Alta because it is slim, and you can change the bands to it fits your outfit! We walked so much!

As you can see, I am a fan of Rompers, a neutral palette, having enough space to bring multiple shoes (striped ones are Dr. Scholl’s if you can believe it), and my G-Star Raw Sunnies.

So a recap- Be prepared for any adventure! Pack your light colored clothes in the middle of your darker ones so they don’t get marked up by accident, bring clothes of the same color scheme for easy outfit making, bring rompers or jumpsuits, and bring a tote for your purse.

What is your tried and true packing tip?

X O X O,

Ashley

25 thoughts on “How to pack for a 5 day Vacay!

• MartiniWithinReach says:

It can be a little overwhelming sometimes! I like to make my list of what I need and stay in the same color pallet. Helps a lot

1. oxsian says:

I am the worst when it comes to packing, absolutely useless so thank you for sharing your tips! I am either one of those people who forgets everything or who overpacks!

2. White Pen says:

Everytime I pack, I always aim for light bag but ended with heavy and big one. Nowadays,rompers are big help to lighten our bags because you already have one outfit instead of having two cloths

3. In and Out of Vegas says:

When I first started traveling, I always planned so many scenarios in my head which led to overpacking. “What if after this and that we decide to go here or there and the weather is this and that? ” For example, I learned when traveling for work, after a business meeting which led into a social engagement after, I NEVER had time to go back to the hotel and change to something more comfy. BUT I always planned for that scenario haha.

4. Sarah says:

Great tips! I love packing and going on trips! Love the tip on brining the same color theme then you don’t have to take as much! I will be pinning this article for future trips 🙂 thx

5. Diyah333 says:

That romper is adorable! I normally pack a few dresses, night clothes and underwear, and two tops. I try to travel in jeans and heels so I don’t have to put them in the suit case.

6. Catvills says:

Thank you for you tips. This is something I really need to learn. Every time we go on a trip, I always take more clothes than I actually need. Will be bookmarking this post for reference.

7. uprunforlife says:

I have not been on a vacation in a few years. Summer packing lists are so much easier bc the clothing isn’t as bulky. But then again, you can likely wear your jeans more than once unless you know your going to sweat like crazy or your a klutz like me. 🙂