Entrepreneurship and Depression

Who out there is an Entrepreneur? Those of you who are, do you struggle with depression? Or how about struggling with always having to be “on”?

I would love to you know your thoughts and personal experiences. Building a community of support feels so good! A rising tide lifts all boats doesn’t it?!

X O X O,

Ashley

21 thoughts on “Entrepreneurship and Depression

• ashunexpected says:

I just read your blog about your dad! Thank you for being vulnerable and honest! There is so much beauty in that! I think the more we are open with our feelings the stronger we become

1. Lexi Mary says:

Such an inspirational and great motivation message for entrepreneurs, I’am not one of you guys, but I do believe to you success. just be a little more patient time will come. thanks for this very enriching post.

• ashunexpected says:

Isn’t it the weirdest thing? I know that if someone will judge me for how I look they aren’t my person. Nothing against them, but I’m good lol

• ashunexpected says:

The statistic said “entrepreneur” but I could imagine that it could pertain to those who don’t have that company culture, people who work remotely perhaps? I understand the struggle, I always hope I will book enough shoots to pay my bills! Some months are better than others. Good luck with everything!

2. Maria says:

So many people are depressed but there’s no reason to hide it. We all go through it and it’s better if we go through it together. And I think that the best feeling is when we are able to give others hope and power even though we are down…

• ashunexpected says:

Thank you Venus! And I agree, it may not be you but you may know someone, and supporting them and letting them know they aren’t alone is very powerful

• ashunexpected says:

Thank you Courtney! I think I spent enough time in my life worrying about what others thought or said. I’d like to believe what people say doesn’t affect me anyone but I’d be lying. However, it doesn’t hurt as bad as it did years ago

3. Jane says:

I totally agree with you. Growing up my mother owned her own business and while there are a lot of perks that go along with that, such as not having to report to a boss or accounting for every second of your time. What I think a lot of people don’t understand is that, when you work for yourself you work 24/7. My mother on average took 1-2 days off every MONTH. Even on those days off she always answered her work phone and if it was a client that needed help, even if we were in the middle of something, she had to help them. Which led to a lot of physical and mental health disorders. It’s great to bring this to light, and remind people that you have to take care of yourself as well as business.

4. Afroza Khan says:

One thing I realized about depression is that no one is alone. I feel like a lot of people goes trough depression in their lifetime. For me the best remedy is to talk to someone about my struggles.