Whether you are shooting with me, or with another photographer there are a few things we’d like you to know when getting ready for your session. When it comes to investing in portraits it’s really important to invest in the whole process. If you don’t plan ahead, you will feel rushed and the vision you had in your mind might not come to life. But if you invest in the process you and I can work together and make magic happen. Below are 5 top tips on how to prepare for your session!
1) Brainstorm the feeling/vibe you want your portraits to have. Romantic, carefree, classic, bold, editorial, etc? The feeling you want your shoot to have, will dictate the rest
2) Pick a location- If I want a hip and trendy shoot I might pick a coffee shop, or an urban setting. If I want a romantic engagement I might pick the beach, rolling hills, or an enchanted forest.
3) Invest in clothing. If you need help styling your shoot reach out to to me! Let’s set up a Pintrest board to share ideas. What is most flattering for your body type?Let’s throw out the matchy-matchy and go for complimentary clothing for your family, leave the prints to the kids, etc! If you are comfortable in your clothes you’ll be more comfortable on camera.
4) Style yourself. We spoke about clothes, but there is more to a look than just that. Being on camera washes you out a little bit, so even if you don’t normally wear makeup adding a little blush, foundation, lipgloss, and mascara can make you look more refreshed. If you don’t know how, or don’t feel comfortable with how to do you hair and make up, let me know! I do hair and makeup for my clients ALL the time!
5) Trust me! I always want to provide the best experience for my clients, and I want to create the best images. In order to do that you have to trust me. Believe me, we want the same things! This is a partnership and I want us to work together. When it comes to location, styling, lighting, posing, etc it’s a good idea to trust me. My goal is to provide you with the best possible photos all the while have a blast doing it!
There you have it, my top 5 tips on how to prepare for your photoshoot! Now, get ready, and ROCK IT!
X O X O,