I have NEVER spray tanned. Never went to a booth, a bed, or a had someone do it. I grew up on the water, so would get tan if I wanted to, but never had the need, or desire to “fake n bake”. Funny enough, so many people from my town did, but I couldn’t get on board.
That was (embarrassingly enough) 15 years ago and now that I am in my 30’s, the thought of laying out in the sun to get that bronze glow is rather terrifying. The damage that can be done to our skin is crazy, so no thank you. Enter my old friend Leah, she grew up with me, and as life would have it we both ended up moving to the Sacramento area. She is a wizard cosmetologist with the cutest Salon Suite in Rocklin, CA called Stella. She truly is a master of her craft so when she mentioned her newest tanning services, Stella Body, for the first time in my life my interest was piqued.
I had some major fears:
- I would look orange
- Leah would have to see me naked, or in my bathing suit, and I’d have to do some weird yoga so that I wouldn’t have white creases
- I would stain my clothes, or my sheets
- It would look fake and I would embarrass myself. Walking around town looking like an orangesicle isn’t ideal.
I was able to voice all of these concerns to Leah and not only did she totally understand those concerns, but she has all the knowledge behind her to ease those fears and put me completely at ease.
- Orange is not a thing with the VersaSpa because many times the orange comes from over-application, and using lower-quality ingredients. The Versa Spa uses 3 nozzles and voice commands during the session to ensure there isn’t overspray, and the VersaSpa only uses premium, Eco-Certified ingredients and skin softeners that produce the most beautiful tan while making you look and feel younger.
- Leah programs the tanning booth from the next room and my perfect tanning cocktail is then sent to the VersaSpa booth. I am in my own spacious private room, with the VersaSpa directing me during my session and with Leah right next door if I need her.
- No stains here! With the VersaSpa there is a drying session, so as soon as you are finished with your session you can confidently get dressed and know that you will not stain your car seat, clothes, or sheets. Thank goodness for that!
- I want to support my friend’s business obviously, but she, like myself, is a business owner, so it is very important that the product you put out is one you are proud of. Leah knew that I would give her honest feedback, she also knew I was a very tough critic, and had a negative opinion of spray tanning from the get go!
So, how did it go?
I was surprised! I actually had a lot of knowledge about the process before it even began. Leah took the time to ease my fears, and walk me through everything. And as a backup the VersaSpa literally walks you through the process as it’s happening. There were no funky smells, there was a ton of ventilation, and as soon as I stepped out of the tanning booth I could feel my skin was moisturized, but the tan had set. The tan does take some time to process, but you do see a bit of a difference.
I didn’t tell my friend Matt that I was getting a tan, so when we met for dinner that night.I was going to see if he had noticed. If he did, he wouldn’t have given me so much crap if it looked bad. Honestly, he would have made so much fun of me. Well… He had no clue. He thought I just was out at the pool and got tan. VICTORY!!!!!
I WILL do it again! Will you give it a try? If you do, tell Leah I sent ya 😉
X O X O,